This policy applies to you if you purchase products or services over the phone, online, through our mobile applications or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our “Services”). This policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information and has been adopted by all areas of the Welco business.
Welco may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page on a regular basis to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What personal information is held about you and how we collect it
The information you provide to us
We may receive personal information about you, when you contact Welco by doing the following:
- Purchasing products from us
- Requesting or obtaining a quote or tender for our products and services
- Requesting a catalogue or subscribing to an e-newsletter
- Using the website
- Registering for an account on the website(s)
- Telephoning, texting, writing by email or post or when you communicate with us via online channels such as social media
- Attending an event, exhibition, conference or webinar
- Face to face visit from our sales team
- Engaging on our social media platforms
This information may include:
- Your name, company/organisation name, address, telephone number, email address, job title and the department you work in.
- Information about payment details such as bank account and credit card details.
- Information about the products and services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on).
- Feedback that you have given to us about our products and services.
- Your website account login details, including your user name and chosen password.
- Information about any device you have used to access our services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our services. For example, if you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use those websites.
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services.
- Your marketing preferences.
If you do business with us we may also ask for further information about you or your company including finance details.
Information provided to us by other companies
We may contact you using personal data provided to us by other companies. We take careful steps to ensure that they have permission from you to allow us to do this. If you feel this is incorrect please let us know.
We use information from sources such as, specialist companies that provide customer information (like credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, databases marketing and research companies) social media providers as well as information that is publicly available.
Information provided to us via cookies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
Cookies are designed to assist your computer or device to remember something you have done within that website e.g. remembering that you have logged in, or which products you have looked at.
The cookies we use are ‘analytical’ cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they’re using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily.
There are also specific cookies related to knowing whether a user is logged in or not. These are known as authentication cookies. Authentication cookies are important for our website to know what information to show you, or if it needs to ask you to log in.
Cookies may be stored by your browser from anywhere between a single browsing session to a longer period of time:
- Session cookies – these only last for the duration of your browsing session on the website. Your web browser would normally delete these when you close the browser.
- Persistent cookies - these last longer than the browser session. For example if you log into our website and then return to the website some days later, the website knows who you are and displays a welcome message to you. Persistent cookies enable this to happen.
- First party cookies - these are set by the Welco domain (or sub-domain) in your web browser.
- Third party cookies - these are set by a different domain to that of the website you are looking at. Third party cookies are used for a variety of reasons, mainly to track the products and services you are interested in. For example, we use a google analytics cookie which helps google tell us how visitors arrive at and interact with our site.
Welco use all of the above cookies on this website. But the cookies do not contain any confidential information such as your address, telephone number or credit card details.
Managing your cookies
You have different options to manage the cookies on your computer or device. You can change your browser settings to prevent cookies from being accepted, or, depending on which browser you are using, you might be able to receive an alert when a website is trying to place one on your browser. With most browsers you can allow first party cookies to be set but refuse third party cookies.
If you change your cookie preferences, you will still be able to browse around our site but some functions may not work as normal.
Your browsers 'help' menu should tell you how to block cookies or change your cookie settings. You can delete cookies stored in your browser by using a function in your browser. Whilst this does not mean you won't collect cookies in the future, it gives you freedom to delete your cookies after you have been online. This function is often known as 'clearing cookies'. Of course, clearing your cookies on one browser of one device does not automatically clear them on another.
More information about Cookies
If you want to find out more about cookies, you may find this website helpful: www.aboutcookies.org (this link will open in a new window).
Or you can visit the Information Commissioners Office website at: //www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/privacy_and_electronic_communications/the_guide/cookies.aspx
Third-party Cookies we use on our website
We use the performance cookies of the following third parties via our website:
- DoubleClick by Google - Google Adwords - Bing ads: These cookies record the pages you visit on our website and how many times you have seen or clicked on an ad and whether you order something after seeing that ad. These cookies are also used to create standard profiles of typical users for advertising purposes.
- Google Analytics: This is a cookie used for analytical purposes that contains statistical information about your use of our website and how you found our website. This gives us a better idea of how often our website is visited, which parts of our website are visited most frequently and how we can optimise our website.
- Google Tag Manager: An analytical cookie to collect statistical information about actions taking place on our site. This data allows us to improve our website.
- Dotmailer: This cookie allows us to record how you interact and engage with the website after receiving our e-Newsletters.
- Lead Forensics: Contained within our website is a tracking code provided by Lead Forensics. This code enables Lead Forensics to track activity on the website and provide us with information on the IP address of the requesting computer, the date and duration of the user’s visit, and the web pages which the user visits.
The Lead Forensics tool uses IP tracking for identifying businesses and is not the same as a cookie. The Lead Forensics tracking code only provides information that is readily available in the public domain. It does not, and cannot, provide individual, personal or sensitive data regarding who has visited our website. It provides information on what companies have visited our website by identifying them from their IP address. This data may be used by us to contact the business about their experience or for marketing purposes. We will not pass this data to third parties for any reason. More information can be found at www.leadforensics.com.
- Feefo.com: We share information about what you’ve bought from Welco with Feefo, so that they can send you invites to rate our service and our products. This data is never passed onto any third parties.
How we use your data
We use your personal information in a number of ways to:
- Make available our Services to you
- Process your orders
- Take payment from you or give you a refund
- Personalise your shopping experience, for example by understanding how you use our websites to provide you with personalised offers or shopping ideas
- Help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud
- Conduct market research, either ourselves or with reputable agencies
- For statistical analysis
- Help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you consume, the manner in which you consume them and how you shop across all sales channels, so we can serve you better
- Target and communicate relevant offers
- To update your marketing preferences to include or remove you from communications at your request
- Find ways to improve our services, call centre and websites
- Contact you about money saving offers, products and services from us.
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have
Who we share your data with
Welco is part of the Raja Group of companies
We may share your personal information with other Raja Group Companies from time to time so we can provide you with a high quality service across our group.
Our service providers
We work with partners, suppliers, insurers and agencies so they can process your personal information on our behalf…but only where they meet our standards on the processing of data and security. We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you.
Other organisations and individuals:
We may transfer your personal information to other organisations in certain scenarios. For example:
If required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or the Department for Work and Pensions.
If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and services.
How we keep your personal information safe
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us and we put in place appropriate technical, physical and organisational security measures to protect against any unauthorised access or damage to, or disclosure or loss of, your information.
How long we keep your personal information
We will retain and process a record of your personal information for as long as is needed to provide the products and services you are using across our company. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
Your personal information will be erased when it is no longer necessary to hold it for our legitimate interest, with minimum information retained such as name and address and marketing preferences to ensure personal information is not included in future marketing campaigns.
Keeping you informed about our products and services
We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services available from Welco and its sister company, Rajapack, from time to time that we think you might be interested in. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may do this through the post, by email, telephone, text message, online, using social media, push notifications via apps, or by any other electronic means.
We won't send you marketing messages if you tell us not to but we will still need to send you occasional service-related messages. If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so either by logging into your online Welco account and following the directions or by calling our Customer Service Team on 0800 542 44 28.
For email marketing campaigns you will always be able to instantly unsubscribe from such messages using the link provided within the e-mail.
How to keep your personal information up-to-date
It’s important for both you and us that your personal information is correct. If you believe this is not the case and you wish to update your details which are registered on this website, then please log-in and update your details in your online Welco account and follow the directions outlined or call our Customer Service Team on 0800 542 44 28.
How you can find out about the information we hold about you
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge.
Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below in the ‘Contact us’ section.
Asking us to remove or limit our processing of your personal information
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Much of our processing will be under the basis of “contractual obligation” in other words we need and use your personal information for providing the services you have contracted with us to provide.
However when we are communicating with you regarding products and services you may be interested in receiving from us in the future our basis for processing is of "legitimate interest" as we are communicating with you in the context of your corporate activity and identity and not in relation to your private life. For email marketing campaigns you will always be able to instantly unsubscribe from such messages using the link provided within the e-mail.
Sharing your thoughts
When using one of our websites or mobile applications, you may be able to share information through social networks like Facebook and Twitter. For example when you ‘like’, ‘share’ or review our products or services. When doing this your personal information may be visible to the providers of those social networks, their other users, Welco and your friends or followers. Please remember it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared on them.
What to do if you have a complaint
If you have a complaint please contact us at email@example.com who will deal with your request promptly.
If you are still not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you can refer your complaint to UK Information Commissioner’s Office. https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Links to other websites
We link our website directly to other sites. This privacy notice does not cover the links within our site linking to other websites and organisations. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: Data Protection Specialist, Welco, Unit 1 Marston Gate, Ridgmont, Bedford Bedfordshire. MK43 0YL.
By calling our Customer Service Team on 0800 542 44 28.
Policy last updated